The Faculty of Civil Engineering was established in 1961.
Presently the faculty is one of the largest of the university. There are 8 departments, about 110 teachers and 50 executives. There are about 1100 students of 9 specialties.
The departments train specialists in different fields which are prospective for labor markets. The most talented graduates can continue their education at post-graduate courses.
There is the College of Motor Transport at the faculty which trains specialist in automobile industry and roads construction. The graduates of construction colleges and technical secondary schools can get distant high education of contracted form.
Also the faculty gives the opportunity of getting second high education. The faculty has the Educational Complex of Science and Innovations which deals with development and applying of educational innovative technologies. The complex includes a personnel department which helps the faculty graduates to find a good job and a regional educational centre which conducts educational courses for specialists in construction industry.